Newbe Archer AX11000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Newbe Archer AX11000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Newbe Archer AX11000
Newbe Archer AX11000
2022-12-23 00:25:40
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.26

Hello, I’m new to the Archer Ax11000 Router and I don’t want to be a hater but it’s been very frustrating for over a month now trying to figure out why this router keeps dropping its WIFI. I would change a setting and all will work for a day or 2 then the WIFI will start dropping again. I’m pretty sure it was never fixed it just worked again because of the reboot which has got me even more confused. I have had the router as a stand alone and now in AP mode and it does it both ways. In AP mode I’m only using it for WIFI.  

My whole house is a smart house with most devices hardwired right into my walls. Switches/outlets etc. These modules have beepers on them when they get disconnect from the WIFI. It really sucks at 2am in the morning . Before My TPlink Archer AX11000 I had/have the two fios G1100’s. One set up as an extender and never had issues like this. The reason for the TPlink Archer AX11000 was Verizon upgraded my service to 1GB along with the Fios TV One boxes. I figured a better router with better WIFI would be great and I can eliminate the extra router/extender. I reached out to TPlink support and was told to upgrade the firmware which I did. Did a reboot and all was working fine for a few days then wham!!!! WIFI started to drop again. Does anyone or has anyone had this issue? Is there a fix for this?

Thx

Lou

Options
3 Reply
Re:Newbe Archer AX11000
2022-12-24 12:25:03

@Pizzaman69 

UPDATE:

Looks like a paper weight. I did Read through lots of posts to hopefully find a solution. Most had no solutions but a few where worth trying and some I have already done.

A Few things I discover along the way which were weird reactions within the router software such as passwords for the other bands changing to the 2.4 band password as well the hiding of the other bands. I also tried starting from a reset mode because upon making some changes to the settings and going back to confirm the changes after saving that setting, it reverted back. Last but not least and kind of defeated my purpose I switch it into AP mode but lost advanced settings.

sad

Options
2022-12-25 11:21:15

@Pizzaman69 

How did you connect the AX11000 to the network? Is it fios G1100 --- AX11000? Will the LED on the AX11000 turn orange when the disconnect issue happens? If the LED turns orange, that means it gets disconnected from the fios G1100, you may try to replace the cable between the two devices, then observe if that makes a difference.

If the LED is already white, but only the wireless disconnects, you need to verify it is the 2.4G or 5G wireless. When you mentioned the smart devices, I guess you must refer to the 2.4G network. As we all know the 2.4G gets more and more interference these days, that's why the manufacturers are looking for 6G now. You can try to find out if there are some microwaves or such kinds of devices next to the AX11000, which may cause interference with the 2.4G network.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-12-26 23:31:01

@Liverpool20

I connected to the internet both ways. First with just the TP Link AX11000 and then with the fios G1100 and the AX11000 in AP mode. Both methods connect me to the internet with no real issues. The issue I’m having is for some reason the WIFI signal drops to my smart devices such as a controlled light switch or the thermostat. I lose voice control with Alexa to some of these devices. It random. It may be the light in 1 room and tv in the other today and tomorrow it will be a different light and the ring doorbell. The issue is corrected with a reboot of the AX11000 for a few hrs to a day. I’m convinced after trying a few changes to some settings it has something to do with inactivity. I’m thinking if the device sits dormant it loses it signal.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 357

Replies: 3

Related Articles