Deco S4 drops connection 4/5 times a day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-15 09:11:36
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 build 20220113 rel 42007

Hey

I've got a  Virgin Media Hub 4 (M250) in my hallway and although speeds are good, there is a massive lag when playing Xbox over wireless connection. Wired isn't a problem (apart from the cable being dragged around the house!!)

I bought a Deco S4 three pack and put Hub into modem mode and set up using the app. And was initially impressed. Same speeds everywhere and gaming wirelessly was awesome across all Deco units.

However, i noticed the connection drop. No internet and the Deco app couldn't see the network. After about 4/5 minutes all back up and running ok. This is happening about 4 or 5 times a day. And is particularly annoying whilst working from home.

When using the Hub 4 on its own, the connection didn't drop at all. 

I set up as per the app instructions. The first unit is connected via Ethernet to Hub. Other 2 are wireless.

Is there anything that I can do to prevent the drop in connection?

thanks in advance.

Jon

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco S4 drops connection 4/5 times a day
2022-12-16 06:46:23

@jonca 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Have you noticed any Deco would turn red during the disconnection?

Could you please help me refer to this link to help me submit the APP log?

How to submit Deco APP log

If you connect the smartphone back to Deco WiFi when the internet drops (make sure no mobile 4G is enabled now), close the APP, and sign in to Deco APP again, are you able to see the Deco network?

Have you ever tried to put Virgin Hub 4 back into wireless router mode and turn off its WiFi network, then put Deco S4 into access point mode?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options