tp link archer c50 dhcp not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-13 11:12:57
Tags: #DHCP not working
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: unknown
I work for an internet company and I am satisfied with the quality of the routers offered by TP link. However, I recently got a router whose DHCP was not working. The router starts and loads wifi 2.4 and 5 ghz. But devices don't get IP. I tried resetting the router but it didn't help. I tried manually putting IP 192.168.0.110 for example and then I connect but I can't enter the router menu. I also tried the TP link app for Android, but even with a connected device there is still no access to the router.

Options
1 Reply
Re:tp link archer c50 dhcp not working
2022-12-13 19:18:57 - last edited 2022-12-14 04:00:09

@vesko41 

Upon successful reset procedure ("Press and hold this button for 2 seconds until all LEDs turn off to reset the router to
its factory default settings
") the C50 factory defaults are:

• The default Username: admin
  • The default Password: admin
  • The default IP Address: 192.168.0.1
  • The default Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Set your computer LAN card with a static LAN IP address 192.168.0.2/24 (No GW / No DNS).

Connect your computer to C50 LAN port and open http://192.168.0.1 in a browser to access the router's WebGUI.

If you still can't access the router WebGUI then probably it's dead and you need a replacement (under warranty or not).

There's a TFTP recovery procedure you could try as a last resort though - see details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 776

Replies: 1

Tags

DHCP not working
Related Articles