AX72 / AX5400 bricked?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX72 / AX5400 bricked?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AX72 / AX5400 bricked?
AX72 / AX5400 bricked?
2022-12-04 15:42:12
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Unknown

Hi Guys,

Feel like this will need to be sorted under warranty but thought I'd ask here first.

Back in July I purchased two AX72s from Amazon, they both had been working flawlessly until a couple of days ago (aside from one of them eventually not listing wireless clients, which seems to be fairly common on Archers).

One seems to have bricked itself - basically, it won't boot normally - it seems to boot-loop for a while and then stops, ethernet does turn on briefly at points, wireless radio doesn't appear to turn on.

Notes:

• I wasn't logged in / updating firmware etc. at the time the failure occurred, in fact I'm not exactly sure when it failed, just noticed that some smart devices on my network were having trouble getting a good signal (they'd switched over to the other, still functioning AX72)
  • Using the original PSU
  • I can get the device to reboot into 'recovery' mode (or whatever it's called) by holding down the reset button while powering on
  • Recovery mode will allow me to upload a firmware manually, I have tried all 3 available to download with no change in behaviour
  • Attempting a hard-reset while powered on in 'normal' or recovery mode doesn't appear to do anything

Any help greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Adrian

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX72 / AX5400 bricked?
2022-12-04 15:44:38

Addendum:

• When powering up, all LEDs illuminate green, then the centre one illuminates orange briefly, then only the power LED is illuminated.
  • After a short period the power LED will go out and the router seems to reboot
Options
Re:AX72 / AX5400 bricked?
2022-12-12 08:36:00

@ba93743d-3bbd-4 

There must be an issue with the hardware. Contact the local tech support to be advised further.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 576

Replies: 2

Related Articles