Deco M4 manual connection selection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-26 11:45:09
Model: Deco M4   Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.5 Build 20220823 Rel. 41353

Good afternoon!
I have a connection problem. By default, my system selects the farthest station as the source. I lose about 40% speed on the first floor, where we spend most of our time. All due to the fact that I have floors with insulation and it is difficult for the system to break through directly from the second floor to the first. I want to be able to make a chain like I drew. From 1 to 6. That would be logical.
I measured the speed, when the chain reaches more than 1 to 3, then on the 3rd transmitter the speed is almost the same as on the 1st station. But this rarely happens. And they always want to connect to the main point. And then the speed on the lower floors instead of 100 Mbps becomes 20 Mbps. Because of this, I don't see the point of this router system at all. Since it's easier for me to buy another powerful router from some Chinese company.
Is there anything I can do about it? I don't want my "Living room" point to take a connection from the "Office" which is located behind a bunch of walls and ceilings. How to connect manually?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M4 manual connection selection
2022-10-27 05:30:56 - last edited 2022-10-29 04:32:21

@Fenjo Wait for the V4 update to roll out to other hardware versions

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
Re:Deco M4 manual connection selection
2022-10-27 07:28:29
I have tried using baking foil. But distant stations still try to connect to the main one, instead of connecting to the nearest one. It's even absurd that it says: "The connection is bad." But it still connects to the far-main station. And not someone who is on the same floor. Rebooting individual stations or optimizing the network does not help. It is a pity that I did not know that this system does not have the ability to manually select the source for MASH
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 379

Replies: 2

Related Articles