Archer AX23 will not connect to internet through SmartRG516 after bridge mode conversion

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX23 will not connect to internet through SmartRG516 after bridge mode conversion

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-25 23:03:54
Model: Archer AX23  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I called TechSavvy, had them assist me in setting the SmartRG to bridge mode. This was presumably done successfully - the Power and DSL lights on the device were operating. I followed step one of the quick start menu to connect the AX23 to the SmartRG. Then I downloaded the app, and followed the promps to set up the network. It would take me as far as naming the network and the password, and then never establish a connection. Over and over it would just say there was no internet. I tested my connections - tried WAN to WAN, WAN to LAN, LAN to WAN - like an idiot - and that did nothing. I unplugged the SmartRG and plugged it back in, and that did nothing. I did a factory reset on both devices, got back on the line with TechSavvy, reperformed the Bridge conversion, redid everything, and nothing. No connection. Wifi is on, no internet. Anyone else experience this? Who's issue is it. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX23 will not connect to internet through SmartRG516 after bridge mode conversion
2022-10-26 08:16:38

@duffinky 

How do you connect to the internet via the SmartRG without this AX23 router? Just plug and play or do you need to do some special settings on the computer?

When changing the SmartRG into bridge mode, I believe you need to choose the correct WAN connection type on the AX23 to connect it to the internet. Did you choose Dynamic IP or PPPoE? Was there a WAN IP address after the configuration? Try following the troubleshooting provided by TP-Link here, then check again if you can make it work.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 386

Replies: 1

Related Articles