Deco M4 not connecting to nearest deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 not connecting to nearest deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
43 Reply
Re:Deco M4 not connecting to nearest deco
2022-11-04 09:08:25

@ImtiazAli It's just logic and common sense, Mr. Know-it-all

Options
2022-11-04 09:57:05

@Yoann Ha, ha. Very funny

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2022-11-04 10:17:32

@ImtiazAli 

If you had any common sense, then you would know that when we purchase a Deco M4 online, we just select the Deco model and not the firmware/hardware version!!! Jeez!!

and if you're not support then don't you have anything else better to do!! Did you setup your Decos just to follow TP-Link support threads!! lol!!

Options
2022-11-04 10:47:01 - last edited 2022-11-04 10:49:41

@Yoann Hi, maybe you can comment here When will 1.6.0 be released for the Deco: or vote here: Manual Signal Source Selection on Deco

ImtiazAli Hi, a little correction--manual signal source selection. There is also a feature request about manual channel selection though--if you are interested, you can vote here: Possibility to change WiFi channels

And Thank you for all your opinions

As for the hardware version on the sales page, we have reported it to the related team and since it is more related to sales strategy, I did not know too much about it so I would say no comment about it. For the firmware release plan, The engineers are working on firmware 1.6.0/1.1.0 on different models and launching the beta tests in the community. We do respect the user feedback and gradually make changes. We sincerely accept the complaints since the firmware has been delayed for quite a long time.

------------------------------------------------

Currently, This post is no longer discussing the release date of firmware 1.6.0 on Deco M4 V2 but it did solve the problem if there was a firmware on M4 V2, like Deco M5.

Now, We are more focusing on whether Deco M4-v4 with beta firmware 1.1.0 is able to choose Deco M4-v2-1.5.5 as the signal source. I think it didn't because the beta firmware 1.1.0 hasn't covered the compatibility among different models, especially when there are some discrepancies in chipset plan and needs optimization later. But we are still waiting for the test results from abhishekgujjar.

So if you have any other ideas about this issue, you are welcome to leave any comments. But if you do care more about the firmware release plan or other issues, it would be highly appreciated if you could comment/vote on the above links.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Best regards.

Options
2022-11-04 10:50:20

@David-TP 

As for the last 3 years ... words but nothing happens for the buyers of Deco M4 who trusted the brand by spending fortunes for a product that does not work as it should ... 

Options
2022-11-04 10:57:25

@Yoann Exactly! Isn't ithe most basic requirement for these network routers is to be able to connect to the strongest signal available or at least allow us to select the source! What exactly did they design and test if it's not even able to do this much, the TP-Link advertisements and app are just misleading us, so called 'Paint your home with WiFi'!

Options
2022-11-04 10:59:09

@David-TP Could you please let me know what test results are you waiting for, yesterday I did share what was asked for by   @Alexandre. 

Options
2022-11-04 11:18:48

@abhishekgujjar 

Sorry. there are many comments in between and the test mentioned by Alexander here:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/586902?replyId=1146858

By the way, I also mentioned this in the email, and please let me know whether you have got the email.

Thank you.

Options
2022-11-04 11:23:29

@Alexandre. Yes I did try that too, but the error is the same :

Options
2022-11-04 11:25:32

@David-TP  yes got your email, thanks and noted! I have replied to  @Alexandre.

Options