Powerline Adapter Speed Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-16 22:46:35
Tags: #Powerline
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hoping someone can help as I am stumped! 

Have been using the av600 powerline adapter for a while and it served its purpose well. I have recently built a garden building as an office and have also put a TV out there. I was only able to get speeds of around 42Mbps in the outbuilding so decided to upgrade to the av1300... To my dismay I am only able to get speeds of 26Mbps on the 'upgraded' powerline adapter. I ran numerous tests using multiple sites and switched between the 2 adapters several times incase it was a glitch but alas the new av1300 is only giving me half the download speed compared to the old av600. So I am at a loss..... 🤔 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline Adapter Speed Issue
2022-10-18 02:50:58

Hello  @Ascott 

Some outbuildings or house extension may have poor powerline environment and you may check if some tips here helps. 

• Confirm the powerline units are under the same powerline circuit/ the same power meter. 
  • Please refer to instruction and remove the factors that may affect the powerline rate: 

What can I do if my powerline rate is very low?

You could put 2 units in the same room. or try a different room for the powerline extender  and test speed , this is to  check if it is affected by power line environment in that room.

Please dowbload tpPLC Utliity and check what is the powerline rate between 2 powerline unit, may I know did you test wire/ wifi speed from powerline unit, what is the WiFI/ WIrelink speed on that device?  

How to prepare for using the tpPLC Utility (new logo)?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 271

Replies: 1

Tags

Powerline
Related Articles