Deco M4R firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4R firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M4R firmware
Deco M4R firmware
2022-10-12 15:00:51
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.55
Since September 15, 2022, firmware version 1.55 has been available for downloading on the support page of the Deco M4 with the intention of applying it manually. However, this firmware is not visible when using TP-Link WebManagement or the Deco App. When will firmware 1.55 also be available to apply with the Deco App?

Thanks,
   Jaap Houtman

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M4R firmware
2022-10-13 07:43:33

@JaapHoutman Hi, the 1.5.5 firmware for Deco M4 v2 hasn't been pushed to all the users from the cloud server so far and some users might not be able to detect this version via Deco APP. You could wait for a while for the notification from Deco APP.

Sometimes there would be a delay for a local office to upload the latest firmware and if it is the case, you could get the latest version from the global sites:

Deco M4-V2-1.5.5

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-10-13 12:50:56

@David-TP 

Thank you for the prompt reply. I have downloaded the 1.5.5. version and as I understand it can be applied manually using the "TP-Link WebManagement Page". However, this is not recommended by the Dutch local support organization as the process seems to be somewhat unstable.

Please let me know your advice regarding the way in which I can/should apply the downloaded firmware.

Thanks,
    Jaap Houtman

Options
2022-10-14 09:04:23

@JaapHoutman 

Hi. based on the bin file link, it is suitable for US/EU/JP/EG/AU, So I think it is safe for you to update via web UI.

From 1.5.4 to 1.5.5, it is a small version upgrade and in other words, no great change has been made. So if the current 1.5.4 firmware is working perfectly on your M4, there is no hurry to manually perform a firmware upgrade now. You could wait for the APP firmware notification so that It could be done via the APP automatically.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-10-14 09:54:07

@David-TP 

My special thanks again for your quick and clear substantive response to my message and the explanation and advice provided. My compliments for your excellent support.

Kind regards,

Jaap Houtman

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1583

Replies: 4

Related Articles