Ethernet Speed reduced automatically

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-05 10:55:12 - last edited 2022-10-05 10:56:22
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.5 Build 20211231 rel.73104(5553)

Hi,

Firstly,
Currently i am facing an issue that the Ethernet Speed will reduce from 1000mbps to 100mbps automatically,
when this happens i will re-plug and cable then it will be 1000mbps for a few minutes or hours, then later will reduce to 100mbps again.

Secondly,
I am using my TP Link AX20 as second router and the operation mode is Access Point.

Modem > Main Router > Router 2 (Access Point mode)

Should i plug my cable to Router 2's LAN or WAN port? please advice.

Thanks and regards,

Ching

File:
tplink_1.PNGDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:Ethernet Speed reduced automatically
2022-10-08 07:06:03

Hi @MC_Ching 

What's the make and model of the main router? Will you get a 1000Mbps link speed stably if you connect it to a computer directly? I would suggest trying with different cat 5e or cat 6 cables between the main and the AX20, just ensure the cable is good.

Yes, you should plug the cable from the main router into AX20's WAN port.

Go through the troubleshooting suggestion provided by TP-Link here, then check if any helps. When working in AP mode, you may not have the access to change the 

Negotiation Speed. You may try to switch to Router mode and change the options first, then switch back to AP mode.
If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 268

Replies: 1

Related Articles