Unexplained creation of satellites own network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-06 08:56:24
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

When trying to overcome the blue flashing light issue with one of our satellite deco's, rebooting, swapping for main deco .......... One of the satellites has created its own network it appears deco_1994 which is open not password protected and I cannot get rid of it or get my system to forget it. 

For a product which is only in use for 3 days before the blue flashing light and this issue is very frustrating and disappointing, what started out as being an excellent system which solved our problems is now turning out to be more trouble than it is worth!

Not impressed :-(  

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unexplained creation of satellites own network
2022-09-07 02:00:46

@Renard

Hi,Thanks for the feedback.

I see your original post here:https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/581130

Like Heidi_Alp said there, this open WiFi will only show up after Deco is reset and is only used for set up and flashing blue light also means Deco is in set-up mode.

So currently, the issue is more like Deco E4 randomly reset itself.

How about the second question that Heidi asked and did this unit respond to reset, like the LED will change to flashing yellow-solid yellow-flashing blue?

While if it did turn to flashing yellow-solid yellow, back to flashing blue, which is expected and you could refer to this link and try to add this unit back:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1590/

If it kept flashing blue even during the reset, I am afraid that you might have a broken unit.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options