Re450 and guest network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Re450 and guest network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Re450 and guest network
Re450 and guest network
2022-08-24 12:25:40 - last edited 2022-08-25 00:39:35

Hello.

my landlord is using a guest network for the whole building. Usually to connect to this network I have to select it in the settings and then a browser window opens and I have to enter a code. 

i am trying to connect my re450 to this guest network but it does not work as no window pops up (both in the app and browser)

any idea ?

thanks a lot,

regards 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Re450 and guest network
2022-08-25 01:47:58 - last edited 2022-08-25 01:50:10

Hello   @Fabti 

You could try to set up the range extender in the normal way, then connect a network device to the extender's Wi-Fi network and see if the portal page ( a page pops up for authentication before using Wi-Fi network)  pops up or if you could enter a code to connect to Wi-Fi. 

Range extender can not bypass the portal authentication page for network devices, and they will still need to go through the portal to able to use the Wifi network. 

Range extender may have trouble connecting a Portal Wi-Fi or not compatible with a Portal Wi-Fi due to uniformed ways of portal authentication, if this does not work, you will need to use this extender with a standard Wi-Fi router, or considering the RE450 to the router via Ethernet and use it in AP mode. 

Hope this can provide any help~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 302

Replies: 1

Related Articles