DHCP Being Activated in AP Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-18 17:35:09
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.4 Build 20220113 Rel. 38349

Hi all,

I have an issue where the Decos take over DHCP while in Accesspoint mode, causing me to lose complete network access. I have a DNS and DHCP Server already and the router mode is not needed at all only AP.

I cannot see any way to turn this off, causing all my devices to lose internet.

Looking at the forum I see there is a new 1.6.0 Beta for M9.

Will the same Firmware be released for the M4R?

Also, Is there any way to change the Hostname of the devices so they are Unique? and not M4R

Regards

Matt

Options
2 Reply
Re:DHCP Being Activated in AP Mode
2022-08-19 11:10:30

@MattJH 

Hi, the same firmware will be seen on the Deco M4 as well, and currently, there is also a beta firmware that has added the on/off switch for "start DHCP" .

If you are interested, please refer to the private message to get the beta firmware.

As for the hostname, do you mean the device name or can I have a picture of what hostname you refer to?

In case you talk about the device name, this link might help you:How to change the device name of Deco

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:DHCP Being Activated in AP Mode
2022-08-19 13:29:55 - last edited 2022-08-19 17:15:31

@MattJH 

There are two common scenario when Deco activates its own DHCP: Main Deco loses physical connection to the router, or Main Deco Internet health check fails. That health check is sending DNS queries for different host names.

New (beta) firmware should stop DHCP activation, but it will not fix the underlying trigger.

In Access Point mode, Main Deco is just another network client. You should check why on your network that network client loses Ethernet access or why its DNS queries are failing.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 662

Replies: 2

Related Articles