List all devices on my network with IP, MAC, and name.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-25 01:27:46
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

How can I display a list of all assigned IP addresses on my network?  I have to drill down three levels on each device to see the IP of the device.  That is just silly.  There should be a way to list the devices on my network with their network name, MAC, and IP all on one page.  For example I want to set a home file server with a static IP but there isn't a way to list all the currently used/assigned IPs.   THE PHONE APP IS BEYOND FRUSTRATING TO USE.   It is completely unnecessary to to be forced to stare at a tiny phone interface to administer my network.  PLLLLLLLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEE give us a web admin portal!!!!

Options
2 Reply
Re:List all devices on my network with IP, MAC, and name.
2022-07-26 02:09:37

@Jlong1961 

Thank you very much.

Deco does have a web portal with the required information: The network name, MAC, and IP all on one page. 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/kb/detail/412520

Best regards.

Options
Re:List all devices on my network with IP, MAC, and name.
2022-07-26 12:51:21

@David-TP 

So NOW you want me to go to a Web UI to see a list of all assigned devices with MAC, NAME, and IP?   After being told repeatedly that we must use the phone app to admin the router.  So I go to a computer, list all the assigned devices on the Web portal and then go back to the tiny screen of a phone app and admin the clients there?   How silly is that?

And also, Deco states you MUST use the Web portal to update the Deco device.   So we go back and forth between a phone app and the Web portal to admin the Deco?  I sure wish I had known this system did not have a Web portal like EVERY other router on the market.  It is just ignorant to have to use a tiny phone screen to admin your home network. 

Serious question:  Does TP-Link force their own developers to write code on a tiny phone app or do they have desktop and laptop computers to do their work on?   

Please port the phone app over to a useable Web UI.   Not all of us are teenagers who are glued to a phone 24/7. 

Options