Deco M5-Can you switch between Access Point & Router mode without side effects? (eg: Lose configs)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5-Can you switch between Access Point & Router mode without side effects? (eg: Lose configs)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-24 18:47:04
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a network using three Deco's on the back of a Sky Router. Every device in the house is plugged in via the Deco's, not the Sky Router. ie:-

All wired and wireless devices --> Deco(s) --> Sky Router --> Internet

The Deco's are currently in Access Point mode. If I want to experiment with utilising all the functionality of the Decos by switching it to "Wi-Fi Router" mode and if I hit any issues I'll then switch back to "Access Point" mode. Am I risking messing up my setups. ie: Naming every device on my network etc etc.

If I can flick between the two modes to see then how nicely it all plays with the Sky Router without any config loss or other issues, then great. I'll go for it.

If I risk losing configurations, then I won't risk it.

Thanks...

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5-Can you switch between Access Point & Router mode without side effects? (eg: Lose configs)
2022-07-25 06:20:47

@NeilF 

Hi!, No, it will not lose the configuration.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 408

Replies: 1

Related Articles