Hidden SSID / network interference

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-17 09:54:34 - last edited 2022-07-18 06:18:32
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

Hi - have a 6 node mesh, 3x P9 and 3x E4R, in access point mode (using Sky SR203 router). Getting occasional poor network response on the Deco WiFi, and if I run the WiFi interference test, it usually shows a medium or high level of interference (see attached example).  I also notice there are Hidden SSIDs that seem to be coincindent with the Deco nodes, but the first part of the mac addresses for those (22-3b-f3) doesn't appear to be registered to a vendor.  Are those Hidden SSIDs something that the Decos are broadcasting? Would that be why the WiFi test reports interference (you'd hope not)?  Is there any way to change the channel used by the Deco mesh to something different / higher, away from the Sky WiFi range?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Hidden SSID / network interference
2022-07-17 10:03:14

OK having read the suggested articles when I posted this (that didn't show up on an initial forum search...) I believe the hidden SSID is the network used by the nodes to communicate with each other, and so isn't the cause of the interference, which I assume now is the Sky network on ch36. But my last question remains, is it possible to change the channel used by the Decos? I know out of the box it was on ch36 (the same as the Sky network, that was fun...) and it's been on ch48 previously, and now on ch44, but I don't know what triggers the change. Is it when all nodes are restarted, does it look for the best channel available?

Options
Re:Hidden SSID / network interference
2022-09-01 11:12:46

Update on this - have turned off all the Sky equipment now so only the Deco kit is on and broadcasting - however the Deco app is still complaining about significant interference, which as far as I can tell is only the Deco broadcast and hidden private networks - is this correct?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 641

Replies: 2

Related Articles