Weak signals near router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Weak signals near router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Weak signals near router
Weak signals near router
2022-07-12 23:44:43
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.0

First of all, I am very satisfied with the easy set up and a very stable wifi connection. But! Signals are weak and I am missing out on the speed that I know wifi can supply. I have a 500 Mbit line and at low traffic I could get 400 Mbit + over wifi close to main node. Approx 3 meters away. 

Main issue is, why are the signals weak? I thought that these new X55 are more powerfull than my old. Which is a Jensen Omni. But at times very unstable.

Best I can get is -49db right next to main node.

Got to mention, old mesh is still up, takles time to move everything over. Could that have something to do with it? Latest firmwarwnans 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Weak signals near router
2022-07-13 11:35:39

@Thlian 

Welcome to the community.

The signal strength from -30dbm to -50dbm is excellent and -49dbm sounds good.

Have you checked the wireless interference around to see whether there are quite a few adjacent wireless networks?

Please also check the device settings on the Deco APP and make sure it is connected to the nearby main Deco.

By the way, have you checked whether there is any difference from 2.4ghz to 5ghz devices?

And the old Mesh network will have some effect and it would be better to unplug it and test again later.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Weak signals near router
2022-07-13 14:50:05

@David-TP 

This is the main Deco. The two others are placed on second floor in each en of the house connected to two gaming computers and gives a descent speed So far away from the main Deco. Good ping, jitter and we have measured up to between 400-500 Mbit on the computers.

Main Deco is connected to my home central which is in bridge mode so no wifi from that one. One Lan output from Main Deco are connected to a switch and my old mesh is connected through that and is also in bridge mode. In proximity are a cat feeder Hub, smart Home central and Philips Hue. 

But none of those have interfered with the old mesh. The reason I bought Deco is because of good reviews and my old one is very unstable. So weird that one of the Jensen nodes have a stronger signal in around -40 in second floor while I have -49db from Deco standing next to it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 477

Replies: 2

Related Articles