2GHz Wi-Fi frequently cannot obtain IP address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-27 01:42:10 - last edited 2022-05-27 01:53:44
Model: Archer GX90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20220228 rel.60482(4341)

Hello,

I have AX6600 (GX90) router and AC1900 (RE550) range extender to build an OneMesh network at my home. I purchased these two devices about one week ago. Today I noticed that, several wireless devices have trouble connecting to router. They kept saying “obtaining IP address” and eventually failed to connect to the router.

Checking the status on http://192.168.0.1 , the device seems being given an IP address by the router, but it won’t connect to the router. There are only total ~10 devices connected to the router at that time. It only happens on the 2.4ghz wifi network, not 5ghz. It happened to my Huawei phone, XiaoMi phone and Amazon echo show. After I reboot the router, those devices can connect to 2.4ghz wifi for a short amount of time, then they will lose the connection to the router again.

What can I do to solve this issue? Thanks for the help in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:2GHz Wi-Fi frequently cannot obtain IP address
2022-05-27 17:28:53

@didula 

I don't know how to solve that issue with the 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi network, but all versions of the Amazon Echo Show should support Dualband Wi-Fi and any mid-range or better smartphone not older than three years should as well, so you might be able to connect them all to the 5GHz Wi-Fi.

As for the actual problem, can you do a test and keep the RE550 switched off for a while to see if the problem also occurs with the GX90 alone or if it's related to the OneMesh network?

Options
Re:2GHz Wi-Fi frequently cannot obtain IP address
2022-05-27 17:43:34

Hi,  @woozle 

Thanks for the advices. I was merely testing 2.4ghz wifi with my cellphone and found this issue. Then I tried another old phone and echo. I know they all support 5ghz. But several smart home devices only work with 2ghz wifi, like wyze camera, water leaking sensor, etc. I need to be sure those devices have stable wifi connection. 

I manually changed the channel for 2.4ghz from auto to 1, so far it seems OK. I will keep an eye on it for several days. I want to receive an alert from wyze camera and water leak sensor when bad thing happens. So this 2.4ghz wifi issue is quite important to me.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 396

Replies: 2

Related Articles