Can't login after firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-15 11:09:13
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi

I performed a firmware upgrade (I think it was from 1.1.0 to 1.3.2 or something similar, didn't think it would break anything so I didn't really pay attention :P ), the upgrade went well, router boots ok, everything network related (LAN and wifi) works, endpoints can connect, etc. I did a configuration backup right before the upgrade, but my configuration is pretty basic.

But after this upgrade I can't login via the www GUI. The webpage opens both via IP address and the DNS address but when I paste or type my password which worked right before the upgrade I constantly get a "login failure" notification, that after a few tries shows me "failed for the 5th time, 5 more possible attempts left".

I tried the default password (admin) but that also does not work. I tried 3 browsers (firefox, opera, chrome, both normal mode and incognito mode), tried 2 different PCs, the one I did the upgrade I also rebooted, tried both LAN and WiFi connection to my router => everything ended the same way "Login failed".

Is there a way to login aside from making a factory reset that will end with having to again connect all my devices connected via wifi due to the new SSID (even if I would configure the same names and passwords that I had) cause this is kind of problematic for me... (one of my endpoints is a PV inverter which I do not have access to change the wifi configuration by myself and I would have to get external support do it...)

Or maybe there is some way to prevent the router from making a new wifi SSID so it wouldn't require login to them (like if I would restore the backup I did a few minutes before the upgrade)?

Thank you, cheers, have a nice day

:)

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't login after firmware upgrade
2022-05-15 15:28:56 - last edited 2022-05-15 15:29:11

@W_D 

Hi,

As long as you configure the SSID(s), the Wi-Fi password(s) and Wi-Fi security settings (like WPA, WPA2 ,TKIP, AES) exactly the same as before, then there should be no problems with your devices.

Just think about this:

You've got company office buildings or factories that have tens, if not hundreds, of Wi-Fi access points all across (potentially even from various manufacturers) all configured with the same SSID and password. Do you have to setup the Wi-Fi connection on your smartphone or notebook again, every time you move around in the building by some 30 meters?

Options
Re:Can't login after firmware upgrade
2022-05-24 09:35:11 - last edited 2022-05-24 09:36:12

Hello, sorry for the late reply :)

Thanks for the confirmation, I also thought similarly that if I setup everything the same (ssid, pass, settings) I won't be forced to reconnect every device but when I read the net about it some stated that even if everything's the same it would still require to connect every device again.

That's why I prefered to ask :) I'm not really in a hurry to perform a factory reset (don't really need access atm) but this eases my concern.

Thanks, have a nice day

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 634

Replies: 2

Related Articles