Range extend BT Guest Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-13 17:15:02
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

Any idea if it's possible to range extend BT Guest Wifi or similar networks. An authentication landing page opens when connecting on a device. I need to be able to 'open' this page once when I connect my TP link extender to that network and press agree.

Apologies for the cringe inducing terminology. If anyone could shed any light on whether this is possible that'd be great.

Cheers

Options
1 Reply
Re:Range extend BT Guest Wifi
2022-05-16 06:26:02 - last edited 2022-05-16 06:30:22

Hello  @Mor1204 

• If it's a Guest Wi-Fi network of the router, the range extender could connect to that guest Wi-Fi network to extend Wi-Fi range. 
  • But from your description that Wi-Fi  is also Portal Wi-Fi (authentication page pops and requires login to use internet), as public/ portal Wi-Fi has different ways for authentication, range extender may have trouble connecting to a portal Wi-Fi network, and we can't guarantee that RE will work in such condition. Before purchasing, it's suggested to double-check with portal/ public wifi support whether that portal Wi-Fi could be extended by extender.

If you already got tp-link range extender, you could try to set up range extender and see if that work.

TP-Link Range Extender Setup (Range Extender Mode)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 610

Replies: 1

Related Articles