MAC address not seen

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

MAC address not seen

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
MAC address not seen
MAC address not seen
2022-05-07 17:42:07
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.5 Build 20211231 rel.64080(5553)

I'm trying to connect a Samsung TV to a wifi network. The TV sees the 2.4GHz network SSID. Entering the password in network setup does NOT establish a connection.

At the router there are 10 systems connected to the network. In Advanced, Network, DHCP Server there are 10 MAC addresses shown. None of those is the MAC address displayed by the TV. The TV can connect via hard wire but this is only useful to determine if the TV can establish a network connection. (25' cable snaked via door way to next room.)

The TV is a  5 year old model UN40MU6300FXZA.

Standing at the TV my iPhone 8 speed test shows 84 Mbps download speed. At the router speed is 100 Mbps.

Is there any hope for a wifi connection?

Options
2 Reply
Re:MAC address not seen
2022-05-09 11:46:46

Hello @geoB 

I believe the TV is trying to connect to the 2.4G network, right? After you entered the correct password, what was the error message on the TV?

Please ensure the TV can connect to other wireless networks, you can test that by enabling the phone hotspot to confirm if the TV can connect to that network. If that works, that means the wireless adapter on the TV should be functioning properly. You can then try to modify the wireless settings on the AX1800, choose a wireless channel that has less interference with others, try changing the security to WPA-PSK, Auto,  then reboot the router and reconnect to the wireless on the TV. BTW, you will need to disable the Smart Connect first in order to change the wireless settings.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:MAC address not seen
2022-05-09 15:50:26
Thanks for your advice. Since the TV can see the phone's hotspot but not login with the password I take it the problem is with the TV's wifi adapter. The solution will be adding a USB wifi adapter to the TV. It's well past its warranty. Off to BestBuy.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 381

Replies: 2

Related Articles