Best Root Router for Deco E4s

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-27 09:42:10
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.4 Build 20211101 Rel.75384

I have a total of 12 Deco E4s (one network; router mode; ethernet backhaul; connected to Huawei F670L- ISP Router) set to provide wifi to an entire building. 

We have no problem in internet speed so far, but I noticed that CPU load is at 100% and the Deco app keeps crashing. Is it due to too much Decos in the network? 

I plan to separate the current network into 2 networks running as AP Mode with 6 decos each connected to a root router for more control and more security features.

Can anyone suggest a TP Link Router suitable to act as DHCP server for 2 networks of 6 decos running on AP? I am currently looking at the TP Archer line-up, but am confused what is powerful enough and what is overkill. I don't want to break the bank for features I may not need.

Criteria for Root Router:

- Able to run up to 100 devices or more for future proofing purposes.

- can assign IP address to registered devices

- can distribute 300mbps via wifi reliably via the root router (not the decos). I don't mind that the decos are capped at 100mbps via ethernet backhaul.

Any feedback is much appreciated! Thank you very much!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Best Root Router for Deco E4s
2022-04-28 06:36:27 - last edited 2022-04-28 06:46:18

@Bellebottoms 

Welcome to the community.

For your case, I would recommend our business product.

For example, Business router+ easy smart switches or smart/managed switches that are capable of VLAN tags+ 2 Mesh networks(6 APs for each), like TL-ER605+TL-SG116E/TL-SG1024DE.

Here is what I think.

1. Business routers do not have Wi-Fi so Deco will handle all the mobile devices.

2. Compared with home routers, business routers are able to handle more clients and They support port VLAN. If needed, the two Mesh networks could be divided into two groups.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 302

Replies: 1

Related Articles