Access Point and using USB Port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-14 16:10:06 - last edited 2022-03-14 16:12:11
Model: Archer C5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer C5_V1.20_150428

I have a Archer C5 V1.20 which i have no trouble running as access point my issues are that when i disable the DHCP i am no longer able to access the USB share and am also unable to connect to web browser to go into Router settings i am using my new IP Address but web page will not open i am using a Huawei b525 as my main router as i am in rural location and am only able to get 4G network i also have a HDD connected to Huawei don't no if this make any difference i suppose what i am asking is it possible to use Archer c5 as access point and also use USB to connect HDD to share files Thank You IN  Advance

Options
3 Reply
Re:Access Point and using USB Port
2022-03-14 18:56:28 - last edited 2022-03-14 18:58:54

@mccann690 

Hi,

If you log into your Huawei router you should find something called "LAN Status" or so. (possibly within a menu called "Connection" or "Statistics")

Look in that LAN clients list of the Huawei router and verify that the IP address the Huawei shows for your Archer C5 is indeed the one you believed it is. (in case that IP address happens to be different, then try if you can use that one to access the C5's settings webpage)

Options
2022-03-14 21:21:16

Thank you for advice have managed to log in and set up usb share but it run really slow plays for a few seconds then freezes for a minute and does the same again any idears how to fix this don't no if this make any difference but all rthernet cables are cat 8 @woozle 

Options
2022-03-15 19:24:43 - last edited 2022-03-15 19:25:11

@mccann690 

Does your Archer C5 actually have a dedicated "Access Point" mode setting in the configuration GUI?

If it doesn't and you are basically making your own D.I.Y. access point, then it might be best to disable or switch off all the "router" features of the C5, even if you are not actually using the WAN port.

They are not just DHCP and NAT. Also Access Control, Parental Control, Firewall, Forwarding, Static Routing, etc. are router features.

As for the cables, any Ethernet cable labeled with Cat 5e or any higher number is fine.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 480

Replies: 3

Related Articles