Having Issue With TP-Link Archer C20 AC750 WIFI Router | Unable Connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-06 19:01:08
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.17 v0001

I ordered (TP-Link Archer C20 AC750 WIFI Router) this router from Flipkart. It was written in the reviews of the people that this router comes with WDS support. And the version of the router was not mentioned anywhere. When I received this router, I tried to make it a wireless extender, but I did not see the option of WDS anywhere in its user interface.

And when in this router I wanted to change the IP address according to my primary router, its user interface did not log in again.And every time the same problem comes।

(tplinkwifi.net) Its user interface does not log in even by visiting this link. After resetting the router, log in again, but as soon as its settings are changed, it stops logging in.

I can't seem to make it extender wirelessly in any way

Flipkart is also not replacing it Seller canceled the request

please help me

Options
7 Reply
Re:Having Issue With TP-Link Archer C20 AC750 WIFI Router | Unable Connect
2022-02-06 19:15:22

@Suhailmyself 

After you log into the router's user interface and click on the menu "Operation Mode" do you see an option "Range Extender"?

If yes, then I guess that is what others mean by "WDS support".

How exactly are you trying to change the router's IP address? Can you post a screenshot of the changes you are trying to make?

If tplinkwifi.net doesn't get you to the router's interface, then try to use the actual address that you've manually configured. For example, if you set the router's LAN address to 192.168.1.1, then use the link http://192.168.1.1

Options
2022-02-07 23:59:17

@woozle When I login and select range extender mode then select my existing wifi network whose range to extend. And by entering its password I complete the setup.So the router reboots and after that it neither logins with its primary IP address nor with tplinkwifi.net. And if I change the IP address of the router, the dynamic IP is not taken.So even the changed IP address does not login.

And during this whole setting, I do not see the option of WDS anywhere in the interface.

As you can see in this pic there is no WDS option

Options
2022-02-08 00:25:27 - last edited 2022-03-17 17:59:40

@Suhailmyself 

If you have a Range Extender mode in your Archer C20 you won't have WDS option - it's either one or the other (except in TL-WR940N).

In newer router models WDS has been replaced by Range Extender mode which is its better equivalent.

Now on how to configure in RE mode you can see from your C20 user guide.

Once in RE mode the default LAN IP address of the device changes from 192.168.0.1 to an IP address obtained by your main router's DHCP server.

That means - to be able to login once in RE mode, you have to find its new LAN IP address which is in your main router subnet - go through this thread to see how you can find it.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-02-10 16:07:23

@terziyski Yes, I did the same thing but as soon as I select its range extender mode and do all the settings, after that it neither connects to my primary router nor will its user interface logging in again. Not from the IP address I changed and not from tplinkwifi.net

Options
2022-02-10 17:47:07 - last edited 2022-02-10 17:51:39

@Suhailmyself 

Try again like this:

- Restore the router to factory defaults.

- After that enter the router's configuration GUI, click "Quick Setup", select "Range Extender" and go through the steps until you get to the page where you configure the "LAN Type"

- Instead of the default "Smart IP (DHCP)" select "Static IP" and then enter an unused IP address within the subnet of your main router. For example, if your main router's LAN IP address is 192.168.0.1, then you could set the C20's IP address to 192.168.0.250 or if your main router's LAN IP address is 192.168.1.1, then you could set the C20's IP address to 192.168.1.250.

- In that same screen also set "DHCP Server" to "Disable", to prevent conflicts with your main router.

- Then Finish the Quick Setup and the C20 will reboot.

- Now check if the C20 has connected to your main router.

- If it still hasn't connected to the main router, then you will not be able to connect to the C20, as you already know. Because there is no DHCP Server at this point, you will have to assign an IP address to your client device manually. How that is done differs between Windows, Mac, Android, etc., just use Google search. Anyway, manually set the client device's IP address to one within the same subnet (similar to above, if your C20's IP address is 192.168.0.250, then set the client to 192.168.0.251 or if your C20's IP address is 192.168.1.250, then set the client to 192.168.1.251)

- Now you should be able to access the C20's GUI via http:/192.168.x.250 and you can look for clues why it doesn't connect to the main router, for example, check the System Log.

Options
2022-02-12 16:09:18

@woozle 

I also tried this method but the still same problem or maybe I am not able to connect

As soon as I set the IP address to the subnet of my current router and disable the DHCP server when the router is restarted, neither the internet is connected nor the user interface of the router is logged in.

I am using windows 10

I thought maybe there is some problem with my router so I got it replaced but still, i am unable to use extender mode

please help me.

Options
2022-02-12 22:42:21 - last edited 2022-02-12 22:47:44

@Suhailmyself 

If you have got to the point in my previous post when the C20 is configured, but doesn't connect, then you have to manually assign a static IP address to network card of the device you want to use to log into the C20, in your case a Windows 10 PC.

Here is a guide how to do that: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/919/

You have to set a static IP address that is within the same subnet as the C20.

For example, if you have chosen 192.168.x.250 as the C20's static IP address during the Quick Setup, then maybe use 192.168.x.251 for the Windows PC. For the subnet mask enter 255.255.255.0.

You can leave all other entry fields empty for now.

If done right, then you should be able to get to the C20's user interface by entering the direct link with the C20's IP address (http://192.168....) in your Browser and look at the C20's System Log.

P.S. Once you are done with the troubleshooting remember to set the Windows 10 PC back to "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically".

By the way, what are the security settings of the Wi-Fi of your main router? Like, WPA, WPA2, TKIP, AES this kind of stuff.

Options