Can you say AX20 is Wifi6 compliant if it doesn’t have BSS coloring?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-17 21:20:22
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2

The subject pretty much says it all 😀

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can you say AX20 is Wifi6 compliant if it doesn’t have BSS coloring?
2022-01-19 18:49:46 - last edited 2022-01-19 18:59:42

@gabklein AX20 is great router for people who don't want to spend a lot of money on network equipment, and want simple solution, but still fast internet access. As it's really cheap (compared to other router vendors), I don't expect it to have ALL functions of Wi-Fi 6 standard. Even some more expensive Wi-Fi 6 routers from other large brand names don't have BSS coloring; not to mention, for it to work you'd need to have client device which supports it. And I doubt there are many client devices currently on the market that could use that feature.

I bought mine because I needed faster Wi-Fi and wanted something newer so I don't have to upgrade my network anytime soon. Turned out I wasn't wrong and I'd happily buy another TP-Link router when I'd need it. Even recommended it to some friends, who bought it and are satisfied as well.

So, in the end, my answer is–YES. Router can be Wi-Fi 6 compliant without having all features declared by the Wi-Fi standard. Main selling point of Wi-Fi 6 is better coverage, speeds and security and in those areas, AX20 is more than compliant.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 291

Replies: 1

Related Articles