M9 Plus intermittent

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

M9 Plus intermittent

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
M9 Plus intermittent
M9 Plus intermittent
2022-01-11 10:53:26

I have a virgin Hub 5 with 500mbps, I have a deco M9 plus connected to it via ethernet, I then have a further 9 M9's positioned around the house. I have a number of Sonos products and Sky Q with 4 mini boxes, I have to constantly reset the mini boxes as they keep losing wi-fi connection to the main Sky Q box, I have a similar problem with Sonos, If I play music through 1 speaker there is a 50/50 chance it might play but as soon as I add more speakers it constantly skips/stops. If I stream a service on a tv it can be quite blurred, if I then disconnect the tv from the deco wi-fi and connect it directly to the Virgin w-ifi it streams perfectly.

I have contacted Virgin, they have done a test and everything is fine with their service.

I have had a web chat with Sonos, tried lots of different settings/connections etc. but cant resolve the issue.

A sky engineer has been to the house and he couldn't resolve the issue with the mini boxes, he could only suggest hard wiring the whole system.

Everything is pointing towards an issue with the Deco's, I have set all the deco's to the latest firmware, tried different ones as the main deco but nothing seems to work.

Options
1 Reply
Re:M9 Plus intermittent
2022-01-12 06:35:17

@Michael-W 

Hi, I tend to think the reason why Virgin Wi-Fi performs better than Deco is that Deco is a multi-nodes Mesh system while Virgin Wi-Fi only has one node and does not support Mesh.

And I see on the Sonos and SKY forum, they highly suggest wiring all the speakers/boxes, especially for the Mesh system.

Solved: Having Issues with your Sonos Speakers and TP-Link Deco Mesh? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 222

Replies: 1

Related Articles