Advanced Wifi Settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Advanced Wifi Settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Advanced Wifi Settings
Advanced Wifi Settings
2022-01-08 05:22:45
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.7 Build 20210819 Rel. 43499

Hi,

I recently setup a Deco M5 two node mesh replacing my previous 2 router setup. While the product was easy to setup and is working well, one thing that disappointed me is the lack of advanced wifi settings that I've found in all the wifi routers that I've used till date.

• channel selection - in 5GHz, my neighbourhood has no users in the higher channels but the Deco M5 sticks to channel 40 even though there are several other users
  • transmit power - based on what I have read and my experience, tweaking the transmit power of the individual units creates a better roaming experience, more stability and a cooler router.

Is there any way to configure these?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Advanced Wifi Settings
2022-01-10 11:06:26

@rurosecedar 

Hi, thank you for your feedback.

I am afraid neither feature is supported on Deco yet.

Options
Re:Advanced Wifi Settings
2022-01-17 15:54:11

@TP-Link 

That's unfortunate. The Deco ecosystem seems very capable. I understand that you would want to make it easy for the majority customers. But, do consider including these features for the power users!

Options