Disabling mesh technology on Deco M5 not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-05 08:25:39
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.7

Trying to do a survey of my Wi-Fi system as part of a computer science assignment (I'm trying to get the download and upload speed of my device when it's connected to each uni). I have 3 Deco units. Disabling the Mesh in the Deco app for a specific device doesn't seem to work anymore. When I disable mesh, the device still reconnects to a nearer unit as I move around the house. I have tried force stopping the Deco app, forced my device to connect to guest network, and logging out and in into the Deco app.

Any way to get disable mesh working again? Or is there a way to force my device to connect to a specific Deco unit?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Disabling mesh technology on Deco M5 not working
2022-01-06 02:43:40

@lim1059 

Hi, For your case, I think both Deco and your client support the 802.11k/v/r roaming protocol.

When you turned off the Mesh on the Deco APP for this device, Deco will stop suggesting clients roam to the best AP, while the roaming feature on the device itself still takes effect and will choose to move to the nearest AP.

Get to Know Fast Roaming / Seamless Roaming on a Deco System

Currently, you could try the beta firmware of 1.6.0 beta of Deco M5, which allows users to manually select the linked Deco:

Deco M5 1.6.0

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1548

Replies: 1

Related Articles