Incompatibility of adapter with Samsung galaxy phones 5GHz htspot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-16 16:06:06
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

TP-link hardware specs: AC600 Archer T600U Nano
I bought this adapter to use a 5GH hotspot from my mobile (Samsung Galaxy M52s 5G, network carrier & ISP: Airtel). After installation, I couldn't connect to my hotspot as it couldn't be detected. I tried changing it to 2.4GHz, which works with the adapter. I tried switching back to 5Ghz and it again didn't show my hotspot. I tried the same with other Samsung mobile phones and got the same result. I tried establishing a 5Ghz connection with a Xiaomi phone and that worked.
Already tried changing the network name, security settings, password, etc but it still can't detect my hotspot on the 5Ghz bandwidth.

I tried connecting the same 5Ghz hotspot with my phone with another (internal) adapter on a friend's computer and that worked.
The issue seems to be incompatibility with Samsung cell phones.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Incompatibility of adapter with Samsung galaxy phones 5GHz htspot
2022-01-06 11:40:37

Hello @Husain_I.N. 

Sorry for the late reply. 

It could be related to Hotspot Wifi channel, you could download a WiFi analyzer app on a different phone, and check which channel the Hotspot Wifi is currently using. 

Here is an FAQ that may help : 

Why cannot the adapter detect the 5G Wi-Fi of my router?

(EU)version wifi adapter does not support band4 channel 149 and above. 

Options