Ultra slow connection and file transfer to linux server. (ethernet)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-07 21:50:16
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:
I have set up a Deco x60 system in the office and it worked well until I started transferring files to my linux server via ftp.
At first I thought that the network card on my server broke, but after starting windows on the same machine, I have concluded that this is not the case as it runs hyper fast on windows. The Linux server responds quickly to ping, but the handshake and all types of transfer go into slow motion. I have had exactly the same set in my previous office, but then with an apple router. 
What could possibly make communication through the router to a linux machine so sluggish?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Ultra slow connection and file transfer to linux server. (ethernet)
2021-12-09 07:30:13

@ShrimpBender69 

Hi, welcome to the community.

It would be highly appreciated if you could help me check some details:

1. the Linux server is located outside of Deco, or in the LAN network or Deco?

It would be highly appreciated if you could tell me how is your network topology, like where the Linux server is located? And from which device did you start transferring files via FTP?

such as:

2. How about the download and upload speed on the client? And how about the transferring speed?

Thank you very much

Options