Nest Protect(s) will no longer connect to network since m9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-30 14:16:18
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Nest Protect(s) will no longer connect to network. since i switched to wifi amplifiers TP link M9 and number of m4.

I already checked the google support (https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9234146)

there it says. that you should not give your 2.4 and 5G network the same name. But isn't that the right idea in mesh network? I also don't see any options in the deco app to set those names differently. and do not know where this would affect the rest of the network and devices.

Tried everything else (removing and reinstalling devices)

Would love to hear if anyone has an idea.

Best regards

Paul

Options
4 Reply
Re:Nest Protect(s) will no longer connect to network since m9
2021-11-30 14:58:04

@paulpoelstra 

You can use Deco Guest Network to have 2.4GHz-only WiFi under different SSID. 

Options
2021-11-30 15:21:44
Tnx I have setup guest network in deco app with only 2,4 G. Setup seems to try a bit longer. But this time I get error code p006 (3.1)?
Options
2021-11-30 16:08:11
Also turned ipv6 on and they connected.. and i was able to install. but the my normal wifi network was not working ok anymore for other devices. So I turned ipv6 off again.. Wifi ok but now Nets protects are disconnected again.
Options
2021-12-02 07:22:15

@paulpoelstra 

Hi, thanks a lot for the detailed information.

I am not sure what might be the problem.

Could you please do me a favor and send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the following information:

1. your TP-Link email ID and the MAC address of the main Deco.

2. A screenshot of the error message when Nest protects failed to connect to Deco.

3. please also save me a picture of your IPv6(Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPV6) configuration on the Deco APP.

By the way, when normal wireless clients stop working once IPv6 Is enabled, could you please help me check the IP settings on these devices?—A picture of the IP configuration would be highly appreciated.

Moreover, may I know who is your internet service provider?

Thank you again and wait for your update.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1146

Replies: 4

Related Articles