AX73's wifi bug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX73's wifi bug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AX73's wifi bug
AX73's wifi bug
2021-11-26 14:18:21 - last edited 2021-11-26 14:30:27
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20210717 rel.62921(5553)

Hi, I want to report about Archer AX73 with 1.0.4 Build 20210717 rel.62921(5553) firmware have a random bug

Sometimes my wifi will disappear then all status light will off...(even @panel the led option will auto change to off)

after that, my wifi will renamed to a random number then even you login to router panel, but it still show your wifi is using the name you was set.

I need to login panel via Lan cable(because the original wifi name was renamed to a number, and my wifi password is not working anymore), than manual reboot via panel then fix that problem

also this problem is not first time...

please fix it, thanks

Options
10 Reply
Re:AX73's wifi bug
2021-11-29 02:09:31

@ic3b34r 

Hello, do you mean the internet was working fine before the firmware update? If this issue starts after you updated the router firmware, I would suggest resetting the router to factory defaults, then reconfiguring it from scratch to see if the Wi-Fi will work properly.

If the issue persists after the factory reset, please try to update the router firmware manually one more time as per the following guide, then check again:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2796/ (Case 1)

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-11-30 06:52:18 - last edited 2021-11-30 06:55:14

@Kevin_Z 

Er... Not really... the old firmware with blacklist/white bug... so I upgrade to last firmware...

however after upgrade to 1.0.4 Build 20210717 rel.62921(5553)...

I find my router got radom problems:

1. sometime my wifi will renamed to a number like 549202222... and the password was changed.. so I can't connect to my router, I need login via Lan cable to router's panel to reboot my router and get router work again.

2. the led will auto off without reason.

Options
2021-11-30 08:58:27

@ic3b34r 

Have you tried to reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch? Give it a go first, then monitor the connectivity.

BTW, what do you mean by "I need login via Lan cable to router's panel to reboot my router and get router work again."? Does this mean the wireless will not work if you just power off then power on the router manually, and you need to login to the router web GUI to click on Reboot to restart it?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-12-01 03:41:21

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks, I try re-flash same firmware yesterday and no bugs yet, hope it work forever...

because all of wifi part are not working when that bugs happen, even Tether app.

so I login via lan cable and go web gui panel to reboot it.

Options
2021-12-01 06:02:25

@ic3b34r 

OK, please monitor the Wi-Fi connectivity and report back if the issue persists or not.

Options
2021-12-12 04:02:57 - last edited 2021-12-12 04:04:44

@Kevin_Z 

Touch wood... after that... it no big problem now. 

but may I have a suggestion ?

@ web panel's "Access Control" device part, we can't change/edit device name we want, even I add this device my typing that name, but... when this device online, it will auto changed name, so we may forget which device it is, sometimes... the panel will change to UNKNOW... so if we can edit/add device's name and dont let system change the name(may be disable system rename the device we was named will be better).. it may help a lot. because lot of Unknow @ my router now

Thanks

Options
2021-12-15 06:50:08

@ic3b34r 

This is not supported now. We will keep this recorded and forward to the engineering team for consideration.

Options
2021-12-15 07:31:15

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you, or just disable system auto rename the device you named, it may the easy way.

Options
2021-12-15 08:22:12

@ic3b34r 

Generally, if the device displays as UNKNOWN, that probably does not "tell" its name to the router, it's not the router changing its name. If the router doesn't know the device name, then it will display as UNKNOWN.

BTW, can you confirm if this device shows up correctly under Client List? You can identify the device by its MAC address, which should be unique if you didn't enable the Private MAC address on the device.

Options
2021-12-16 03:57:40

@Kevin_Z 

Most of the problems occur in android tv box and samsung tv(but samsung tv by default their device name was auto named to their model), however, all of my android device was rename in android os, but router still show unknown, so I think that was a bug

Yes, I was enable white list for device connection, so I'm sure their mac address(because I need to add them myself first, otherwise they can't connect, even via lan) and disable random mac address @iPhone. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1166

Replies: 10

Related Articles