AV1300 MIMO loosing connection when online

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-06 13:38:49
Model: TL-PA8010P KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone.

Looking for some help here.

I have just recently bought a set of AV1300 powerline adapters to replace the slower AV600 adapters i have. The AV600s have been working fine but have really throttled my download speeds, so i was advised to purchase a faster pair.

Upon connecting them this morning (AV600s removed), the one attached to the router has connection with the ethernet light on, and the one connected to the PC has connection with the etherenet light on. Now, as soon as i connect to anything online (games, google, etc.) the ethernet light on the one connected to the PC drops out. It then takes 15-20 seconds to come back on however, as soon as i try anything online again it drops out within seconds.

I have just connected the AV600s back up and they haven't dropped out in over an hour now.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the MIMO configuration??

I live in a newly built house (2 years old) and wondering if the new RCD regs with the monitored earth is the cause? I know that the MIMO configuration uses the earth lines as a transfer medium now, so maybe this is why the AV600 works and the AV1300 doesn't.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AV1300 MIMO loosing connection when online
2021-11-11 09:04:16

Hello@SheriffTitanium,

Sorry for the late response, if the Ethernet Led goes off,  it is possible your power line device enter into power save status, it is recommended to disable power save mode and see Ethernet Led could stay ON.  How to enable/disable power saving mode on powerline adapters?

It is also  recommended checking if there is any loose contact, bad Ethernet cable, try to change a different Ethernet cable between AV1300 extender between PC, and also try to swap the locations of AV1300 see if the issue occurs on certain unit. 

Options