Pairing Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Pairing Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Pairing Issue
Pairing Issue
2021-11-01 21:09:55 - last edited 2021-11-01 22:15:04
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Couple days ago the adaptor(which has the connection to router) of the our WPA4220 Kit died. I think it is because of over heating but it is not the case.

So I decided to update the system since the Wi-Fi extenders are still fine. I saw many posts about compatibilty of the all powerline devices so I bought TL-PA4010P KIT AV600. I also decided on this kit because they are from same family (AV600) and thought they will pair without any issues.

I got those devices because their shape and look are very similer to the died router. Alsa they are labeled as "adapter" like the died one both on market and on the devices. 

Now the problem is the new 2 devices from TL-PA4010P KIT pair without any issues with eachother but they dont pair with the Wi-Fi Extenders from the previos kit. 

I though maybe it is related to Wi-Fi Extenders are bound to previous adapter so I did reset them but still nothing. 

My question is are these 2 kits are compatible with eachother? If so why they do not pair and how can I solve this issue.

Thank you.

Edit: Now what I think is on some "adapters" there is a pair button on the front side. Is it the way to determine the compatibility of the devices? Because the kit I got has pair button under the devices. 

If this is the case, if i get TL-PA4020PKIT is it going to work?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 284

Replies: 0

Related Articles