[Solved] Deco Time Zone Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-31 21:06:57 - last edited 2022-06-01 06:11:20
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Had an issue earlier with the Deco's that I managed to figure out, so thought I'd post in case anyone else runs into the same issue.

The Wi-Fi stopped working on my daughters phone and she complained.  I told her to try turning the Wi-Fi off and on again, then the phone too, but still no luck.  So I took a look at her phone and there was a message that said the Wi-Fi needed to be re-authorised, so I clicked on the notification and got another message about "parental controls" and it "being past her bedtime" (which it was not).  Seeing that message, I figured out that it would be due to the daylight saving times, having just turned the clocks back from British Summer Time this morning/last night.

However, I couldn't find any way to adjust the clock the Decos were using from the Deco app.  Luckily my Google search found a link to this thread with a link to the solution:  

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/199944

In brief, I needed to set the timezone on the Decos using the Web Admin UI, then from there set my timezone and click save at the bottom:

http://tplinkdeco.net/webpages/index.html#timeSettings

I hope this helps others.

PS. I had never used the Web UI before, so I had not set my timezone.  Turns out I also had not seen the cool network map it draws too!

Options
3 Reply
Re:[Solved] Deco Time Zone Issue
2021-11-01 05:56:39

@CraigT 

Thank you very much and It does help a lot.

Have you rebooted your Deco since you found this issue?

If not, could you please do me a favor and send the Deco APP log to me:

Please go to Deco APP>Overview>three lines on the top>help>contact us>suggestions and add the system log.

Thank you again.

Options
2021-11-01 08:58:08

@TP-Link 

Submitted!

Options
2021-11-01 11:02:12

@CraigT 

Thank you very muchyes!

Options