Bug report re TP Link Deco - Ethernet backhaul intermittently slow while wifi fast

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Bug report re TP Link Deco - Ethernet backhaul intermittently slow while wifi fast

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-16 11:46:54
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 20200918

I have a node in my network serving ethernet to my desktop computer. When it's working well I get around 70Mb/s, which is the full capacity of the ISP link I subscribe to. 

Intermittently after a power failure, the ethernet backhaul speed will drop to around 4Mb/s. If I connect via wifi to the same deco node then speed will reliably be 35Mb/s, even while the ethernet is limited to 4Mb/s. After a couple more power resets, then speed will generally reset to 70Mb/s, but not always - sometimes it is hours before a reset will actually take effect.

Will provide whatever diagnostics are helpful.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Bug report re TP Link Deco - Ethernet connection intermittently slow while wifi fast from same node
2021-10-29 11:41:37

@TP-Link can you assist? 

Options
Re:Bug report re TP Link Deco - Ethernet connection intermittently slow while wifi fast from same node
2021-11-01 07:04:53 - last edited 2021-12-07 11:53:16

@flavaflav 

Hi, would it always be The Ethernet connection that had an unstable speed? Do the wireless clients always keep a decent speed?

Did you set up Deco M4 as a wireless router or access point?—you could check it under Deco APP>More>Advanced>operation mode.

I noticed that there are 3*M4s and did all the units have the same issue?

Options
Re:Bug report re TP Link Deco - Ethernet backhaul intermittently slow while wifi fast
2021-11-01 11:02:02

@TP-Link Thank you for the reply. Yes, the ethernet speed on this node is always poor (when the node is in this state). Sometimes something will reset and then ethernet works just as well as wifi on the node.

I haven't tried running an ethernet connection off the other nodes yet.

Options
Re:Bug report re TP Link Deco - Ethernet backhaul intermittently slow while wifi fast
2021-12-06 14:03:12

@tp-link This still happens intermittently. Please advise on how to proceed.

Options
2021-12-06 14:03:34

@TP-Link Tagging didn't work. See above please.

Options
2021-12-07 11:56:51

@flavaflav 

Hi, since there is a new firmware released for Deco M4 recently, would you mind trying to update to the latest 1.5.2 to have a look:

Deco M4_V2_1.5.2_20210916

How to Update the Firmware of Deco

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 778

Replies: 6

Related Articles