M4 Ethernet backhaul switch issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-03 12:37:22
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.0

Got into an interesting issue with M4 ethernet backhaul with the following simple setup:

ISP -> M4 router mode -> L2 dlink dgs-1100-08 switch (zero configuration, no other devices connected) -> M4 AP's

In this case main M4 doesn't provide internet to WiFi clients after the roaming (connected without internet). Rest AP works as expected. 

As soon as M4 AP's are disconnected from the switch (e.g. no ethernet backhaul), main M4 starts operating normally. 

Without the switch, if I connect one M4 AP directly to the main M4 (second ethernet port) then everything working fine as well. 

So it is clearly a switch issue. Only God knows why but I've tried to experiment with trunking, vlans, etc. and it doesn't do anything. 

Do I miss something? Some switches doesn't support roaming? What switches you guys using? 

Thanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re:M4 Ethernet backhaul switch issue
2021-10-03 13:25:38

@Mioji 

General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

See Q4 in that document. Replace switch you have with TP-Link brand. I am also using TRENDnet TEG-S80g, works fine, too.

Options
2021-10-03 13:28:07

@Alexandre.  Thanks. I've seen that. Checked. Not my case. 

Options
2021-10-03 13:35:22

Mioji wrote

@Alexandre.  Thanks. I've seen that. Checked. Not my case. 

@Mioji 

Not going to argue with you, after you definitely proved with your testing that you have problematic switch. I will answer your other question and list switches I am using with Deco mesh, that have no issues:

TRENDnet TEG-S80g (8 port)

TP-Link TL-SG1005D (5 port)

TP-Link has similar to my model TL-SG1008D (8-port), I am pretty confident it'll be working fine with Deco, too.

Options
2021-10-03 14:09:37
Was considering this switch. Thanks! Really appreciate your inputs.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 719

Replies: 4

Related Articles