Extremely LOW UPLOAD SPEED in Archer C6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-24 18:33:18
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

I am not getting the ISP provided Upload speed in my router. The Download speed in OK, but the Upload speed is below 50% of provided speed. I have no idea why it's happening, if anyone has any solution please share. Thank you.

I have a Fiber connection.

I have 100Mbps plan.

My Download speed - 100Mbps+

Upload speed - 34Mbps

Name of my ISP - Alliance Broadband

Model of the ISP provided modem - It's a EPON ONU 

Download and Upload bandwidth provided by ISP - 100Mbps

Speedtest result when connecting the ISP modem directly to my PC - 100Mbps+ (both Download & Upload)

Speedtest result when connecting to the TP-Link router with an Ethernet cable - Download 100Mbps+, Upload 30 to 40Mbps

Options
1 Reply
Re:Extremely LOW UPLOAD SPEED in Archer C6
2021-09-27 07:24:57

@Logan_Gaming 

Hi, how about the QoS settings on the C6, is it configured correctly? Follow this guide to confirm it:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3069/

If this doesn't help, please do a factory reset on the C6 as follows, reconfigure the router to connect to the internet, please don't change any advanced settings on the router, then perform a speedtest by connecting a computer to the C6 with a cable. If the upload speed is normal in the default mode, then try to do the modifications one by one to find out which change will cause the issue.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 754

Replies: 1

Related Articles