Range Extenders Support OneMesh/EasyMesh in AP Mode

236 Reply
Re:[Range Extender] OneMesh Supports Ethernet Backhaul
2023-05-08 18:03:59

@Solla-topee want this

Options
RE:[Range Extender] OneMesh Supports Ethernet Backhaul
2023-05-09 07:39:47
Would be really nice if the onemesh repeaters support ethernet backhaul functionality. Bought a archer ax 55 and a ax 1500 repeater with the idea to get them functioning with ethernet backhaul. When installing, I was really dissapointed.
Options
2023-05-09 19:30:25 - last edited 2023-05-09 19:31:26

@M____ 

Dear TP-link, 

Here is my take on why this feature is needed. I've tested different set-ups at both my friends and my own house. 

1. AX6000 + RE605X

- this is my original set-up that is my daily driver for the past three years (AX6000 came first). 

Pros:

+ feature reach, AX6000 has all that I need, including USB, time machine back-ups, VPNs, - overall, fantastic router

+ RE605X works great as an extended, now used as a AP - great speeds, stability of the connection

+ OneMesh works seamlessly, but with a lot of performance loss for WiFi backhaul. 

Cons:

- when connected as OneMesh, I lost 50% of the bandwidth for clients connected to RE605X (which is a show-stopper for me; just couldn't stand to waste the bandwidth)

2. Deco X50 (with Ethernet backhaul) - installed at my friend's house; monitoring it once in a while

Pros:

+ super simple to set-up

+ no loss of bandwidth

+ basically, just what you would want from a mesh system

Cons:

- feature poor solution, works only if you have basically no other use cases as a good WiFi

- no DNS and VPNs

- very few ethernet connections (would need an additional switch for wired clients, which i did not install)

3. Asus ROG, installed at my friend's house, monitor it once in a while

Pros:

+ great stability

+ ethernet backhaul to a simpler router

+ feature reach, a lot of connectivity

Cons:

- a bit more difficult to install/set-up, but I could live with that. 

So, I will stick with my AX6000+RE605X set-up until it works, but with the next upgrade, I will look for something different, probably ASUS. The simple reason is that without the backhaul, there is little point in having this technology. I need the features of a router and the speed/quality of the Mesh system. 

Anyways, ping me if you want to know details. 

Anyone who has similar experiences or more alternatives to my #3, please also write. I need more options. 

TP-Link: what's your take on this? 

/M

Options
2023-05-10 08:42:26

@M____ @escobarry 

Hello, thank you very much for the feedback.

We've already reported to senior engineers to add Ethernet backhaul for range extenders, once there is any new firmware or beta firmware, we will share with you for testing.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-13 08:54:26

@Sunshine Literally a sunshine reply ever. Looking forward for the new version even beta one.

Options
2023-05-13 11:31:05

@Sunshine perfect! I'm really looking forward to this. Even an alpha version could do.

Options
2023-05-17 16:31:03

I would love to have this too. I’m already too invested in TP-Link products to change brands. LOL.

AX73

RE215 x 3

AX1500 x2

C54

I hope this includes at least the first three.

Options
2023-05-21 18:17:58

@Solla-topee 

bohužel jsem koupil Tplink AX1800 a extender RE705X  musím zařízení vrátit nemožnost připojit po ethernetu ze sestavy dělá nepoužitelnou věc  

Options
2023-05-24 06:15:46
Would love this feature. Mine is : AX73 RE605X
Options
2023-05-28 13:03:45

@Sunshine could we have an estimated date when this would be available for new firmware? Thank you!

Options

Voters 128

+ 124 Voters