Is dreadful performance across rcd normal?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-17 00:00:45
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA251

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT

I'm restarting my queries in the UK section partly because that's where I am and partly because rcd equipped consumer units may be particular to UK. I have 4 TL-PA251 units. My consumer unit has an rcd for every circuit in the house. The master unit (transmitter as it were) and on other (a receiver) are on the same circuit - so nothing crosses an RCD. The utility reports them as performing at up to 100% and blistering performance, in excess of 100Mbps. Two other units are on a different circuit - so it seems to me the ethernet signal has to cross 2 RCDs. The utility reports one of these as connected but only at 20% with a speed of 6Mbps, the other one isn't seen at all - that one is 30 metres away at the bottom of the garden (on a spur from that ring main). That unit has all its lights lit but doesn't provide an internet/network connection.

So the question is - is this normal behaviour or is there something dodgy about my electrics. If it is normal do any other manufacturers overcome it, I have seen reports saying Devolo don't have these problems. But I could spend another mess of money finding out they don't work either!

TP-Link helpline not much use - they tell me all units have to be behind the same 'power ammeter', whatever one of them might be!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 451

Replies: 0

Related Articles