Trouble connecting Copier/Printer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-07-09 21:31:07
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8951ND

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've just bought a new TD-W8951ND router and have managed to set up two PCs on it just fine but am having trouble with it picking up my RICOH Copier/Printer which plugs in direct to the router and should then be accessible to print from the other two PCs. Was just wondering if anyone could offer any advice on what I might be doing wrong? The RICOH is installed and it's showing connected on the front of the router (the relevant light is lit up) and is showing as online on the machine itself (again the relevant light is lit up) - but can not print to it at all, and when I go to the router settings I can see the two PCs but not the RICOH.
Options
5 Reply
Re:Trouble connecting Copier/Printer
2013-07-11 10:35:27
Hi.
So the printer is connected to the modem by an Ethernet cable?
When you connect the printer directly to your computer bypass TD-W8951ND, can you print?
The default IP address of TD-W8951ND is 192.168.1.1, you need to check the IP address and default gateway on the printer. (The default gateway should be 192.168.1.1, and the IP address can be 192.198.1.X(2~254).)
Options
2013-07-11 13:02:24
Hi Alisa and thank you for your reply.

It is a USB Printer I have connected into the USB connection of the modem. I have not checked yet if it prints when connected straight into my computer. Will do do and let you know.
Can my USB printer be connected via USB into the modem and print?

Deon
Options
2013-07-11 17:44:36
Thank you Alisa - I managed to work out how to change the IP address/Gateway address on the copier itself and now it's back working. Thanks so much for the advice! :)
Options
2013-07-12 10:36:06

deonholt wrote

Hi Alisa and thank you for your reply.

It is a USB Printer I have connected into the USB connection of the modem. I have not checked yet if it prints when connected straight into my computer. Will do do and let you know.
Can my USB printer be connected via USB into the modem and print?

Deon

No, you can't. There is no a USB port on TD-W8951ND for you to connect the printer.
Options
2013-07-12 13:17:36

alisa wrote

No, you can't. There is no a USB port on TD-W8951ND for you to connect the printer.

Hi again.

For some reason I chose the wrong modem. I have the TD-W8980 with 2 usb ports. I managed to get it working. Thank you.
Deon
Options