TD-W8961ND cant access router login page

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TD-W8961ND cant access router login page

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
39 Reply
Re:TD-W8961ND cant access router login page
2015-03-21 15:06:02
I added a cron.hourly bash script to access the admin page every hour:

#!/bin/sh
#wget -O - -q -t 1 http://www.example.com/cron.php
wget -O - -q -t 1 --user=admin --password=yourpassword http://

replace yourpassord with your password and with the IP of the router

This should avoid that the security feature blocks access to the admin web page after some 'idle' time...
Options
2015-03-21 18:54:24
got the W8961ND few days back and i have this problem cant login to 192.168.1.1

This is problem with RAM memory in the router. Your problem can fix UPnP feature disable. TP-Link support knows this issue.
Options
Same problem
2015-03-24 23:12:51
Hi,
I have a similar problem acessing the configuration web interface with my modem TD-W8961ND V3.1

I've faced the following situations:
A)
When I reset the modem to factory defaults, I get access to the configuration web page.
Once it's been configurated and after a few minutes I no longer can access the page.

B)
When I just reboot the modem, I also can access the web interface, but just for a few seconds and then I lost conncetion to the page.
But both the internet and wifi are working.

In both cases I lost access pretty fast, in minutes in case A and seconds in case B, even if the modem is cool.
So, probably my modem problem is not heat, as mentioned in this topic. But the problem is not with the security managment of the modem, since I lost access after a few seconds after logging.
Options
2015-03-27 04:30:36

jimasek wrote

This is problem with RAM memory in the router. Your problem can fix UPnP feature disable. TP-Link support knows this issue.

Thanks
disabling UPnP in W8901n fixed the problem
Options
2015-03-27 05:06:14
No problem,
Greetings from Poland!
Options
Did UPnP disabled fixes the problem ??
2015-04-18 19:38:50

jimasek wrote

Are you saying that what they said about admin page login being disabled for security reason after some minutes is complete crap :mad: and actually the real problem is RAM ??
I am going to try this hopes it works for me and will post an update.
Options
2015-04-19 03:35:45
Two problems in this router:
- admin page login
- DDNS update
Options
2015-07-20 07:23:40
Just bought the modem/router and yes, I'm getting the same problem as the rest. Solved the problem using the workaround described, off wifi (this will let me access the admin page), disabled the upnp and then turn back on the wifi. Is TP-Link going to solve this problem once and for all? Can they not reduce the memory taken from other unnecessary stuff? The product is out there for more than couple of years already and this bug should have been resolved sooner.
Options
2015-07-20 10:09:44

wiraone wrote

Just bought the modem/router and yes, I'm getting the same problem as the rest. Solved the problem using the workaround described, off wifi (this will let me access the admin page), disabled the upnp and then turn back on the wifi. Is TP-Link going to solve this problem once and for all? Can they not reduce the memory taken from other unnecessary stuff? The product is out there for more than couple of years already and this bug should have been resolved sooner.

Just as I have posted a few months back - apparantly its not a bug.
Options
2015-07-20 21:01:03

KIRASTRIKE wrote

Just as I have posted a few months back - apparantly its not a bug.

I don't think this is a security feature, if it is, it seems that jimasek's solution can easily defeated this security feature. I'm getting in touch with the tp-link support and see if they'll have a better solution other than by disabling the UPNP feature.
Options
Related Articles