High traffic causes USB disconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

High traffic causes USB disconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
39 Reply
Maybe the solution
2015-01-30 19:21:42
Hey guys! I think i found the solution

I had the same issue of you all and I think i got the solution.

So here it this:

I tried to disable QoS Schedule, I tried to update drivers or even install older drivers and everything that I tried, just like you all, failed.

But then, it came to my mind:
The problem is energy alimentation, what happens if I change the USB port 2.0 to a USB Port 3.0?

Well, until now, it's good. No disconnections, after a entire day of torrent, downloading heavy stuff like 38GBs :D

So maybe the USB 3.0 port have more energy alimentation than 2.0, if you have USB 3.0 in your mainboard, please test it!
Options
My Solution
2015-03-05 02:29:16
Hey all!

Just thought I'd share with you, that, at least for V3 the manufacturer seems to be Realtek and not Atheros as mentioned above. So I downloaded a driver for RTL8192CU (1021.3.912.2012) and it fixed my disconnect-under-high-load issue

hf
Options
Re:High traffic causes USB disconnect
2015-03-16 11:42:35

Demmetrius wrote

So here it this:

I tried to disable QoS Schedule, I tried to update drivers or even install older drivers and everything that I tried, just like you all, failed.

The problem is energy alimentation, what happens if I change the USB port 2.0 to a USB Port 3.0?

Well, until now, it's good. No disconnections, after a entire day of torrent, downloading heavy stuff like 38GBs :D

So maybe the USB 3.0 port have more energy alimentation than 2.0, if you have USB 3.0 in your mainboard, please test it!

Thanks
I think this solved my problem, downloaded 9 gb and no problem with wifi
Lucky i have usb 3.0 port
Options
2015-09-25 21:36:09

Demmetrius wrote

So here it this:

im using USB 3.0.. but same thing,, after 5 minutes. disconnect again :(
Options
2016-12-06 23:54:02
I just wanted to add another data point here. I thought I was going crazy, or that my motherboard was going bad. I don't understand how a wifi adapter could cause EVERY OTHER USB device on the computer to disconnect! Whatever the cause of the issue, I will be wary of TP-Link's products in the future. How an issue like this not only gets past quality control, but isn't even given a response after many complaints over a span of 3 years, is beyond me.

Running a TL-WN822N on Windows 10, all devices attached via USB get disconnected briefly after high traffic is encountered. Streaming HD video to my TV seems to trigger it most frequently. Also, uploading large files to my NAS. After it happens, I have to disconnect/reconnect the adapter and reconnect to WiFi. Sometimes it will only be fixed by reinstalling the drivers or rebooting.

Thankfully, this has motivated me to run CAT6 though my walls since it seems like there are no USB WiFi adapters worth a **** out there...
Options
2017-03-10 20:17:32
Hey I know this is old but I'm still posting before someone spends tons of money. One of the fixes evolves unchecking the option in Properties that says "may turn off power" under power manament tab. And most people do this step fist. But that option for turning the pwoer off is also on each usb port. You may want to try turning off that setting also on each usb port that has that option under setting and see if that help. The usb 3 port works different cause it is configured for high power transfer. just FYI of something everyone can try it may be the main cause because the port wil be shut off even if the device connected doesn't. this will also explain why some people have the keyboards and mouse off as well. Hope this helps someone.
Options
2017-06-24 03:24:05

asdag wrote

I just wanted to add another data point here. I thought I was going crazy, or that my motherboard was going bad. I don't understand how a wifi adapter could cause EVERY OTHER USB device on the computer to disconnect! Whatever the cause of the issue, I will be wary of TP-Link's products in the future. How an issue like this not only gets past quality control, but isn't even given a response after many complaints over a span of 3 years, is beyond me.

Running a TL-WN822N on Windows 10, all devices attached via USB get disconnected briefly after high traffic is encountered. Streaming HD video to my TV seems to trigger it most frequently. Also, uploading large files to my NAS. After it happens, I have to disconnect/reconnect the adapter and reconnect to WiFi. Sometimes it will only be fixed by reinstalling the drivers or rebooting.

Thankfully, this has motivated me to run CAT6 though my walls since it seems like there are no USB WiFi adapters worth a **** out there...

Hi everyone and sorry bump old thead. ↑ is exactly my problem with TL-WN822N.
For years i had this adapter and never notice the problem. Now i'm streaming videos in full hd through lan.

It's mid 2017 and no driver will be released. For sure it is driver issue. On Linux it works ok, no matter what usb port it is connected, but works better (no delay loading video to stream) if plugged alone into motherboard USB root hub (3.0 or 3.1).

The latest working driver is the one that user @lan2161007 post -> http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-WN722N&version=V1
Windows 10 x64 here.

Motherboard with usb 3.0 and 3.1. plug it to usb 3.1, disable any power management of windows over usb devices and it's ok so far.

Thank you guys for the tips. ;)
Options
2017-11-08 04:01:36
I have the same issue and I've tried everything possible... Frustrating tp-link :mad:
Options
2017-11-09 16:18:52
Contact TP-Link support, perhaps they can give you some information.
Options
Related Articles