High traffic causes USB disconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
39 Reply
Re:High traffic causes USB disconnect
2014-07-24 06:30:01
also tried to uninstall/reinstall driver without issue. Did find some tips to turn off the "allow computer to turn off this device to save power" option in the driver properties and disabling selective suspend, will update in a couple days if that seems to do the trick.

...aaaaand as i type this the thing disconnected again. No go on that.
Options
2014-08-10 10:35:09
Bump - this needs attention, I don't believe more people aren't coming here.
Options
Worst customer support service
2014-09-30 08:22:59
I'm having the same damn issue with the WN822N ver.2 on Windows 8.1.
I get disconnected more often when I'm sharing files over the local network (like with mysql databases), the damn adapter doesn't even support it for 5 seconds, it disconnect me from the network instantly.

The worst part is that the drivers for the WN822N are in beta for over 2 years, I mean, wt-?
I'm never going to buy a thing from tp-link, I don't even care if they release a new driver to solve this problems, they took so long to do it that they don't deserve my money.
And for me is not just disconnected; the adapter stop working and shows me the 4 bars and an X with red background icon on the system tray so the only thing I can do is disconnect the adapter manually and reconnect it again, thank you TP-Link for this support that you're giving us.
Thanks.
Options
2014-09-30 10:59:19
1024mb, you contacted their technical support? You may look for the chipmaker's driver and give a try.
Options
2014-10-08 19:52:24
I've determined what the problem is. The disconnecting only occurs when there is high network activity, such as when I am downloading. It appears the wifi card's drivers are at fault.
Options
2014-12-18 05:18:38
I'm having the exact same problem with the TL-WN722N (150Mbps Wireless Lite N Adapter). Any news on the issue?
Options
2014-12-19 14:09:41
There is a chipmaker's driver(AR9271) for Windows 7 to update.
https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.html
Options
2014-12-21 04:42:08

Mavis wrote

There is a chipmaker's driver(AR9271) for Windows 7 to update.
https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.html

I also have the same problem with heavy traffic (like torrents), and sometimes mouse stops working also. Adapter sometimes reconnects, but sometimes I have to restart my PC( running win 8.1 64bit). I tried many different drivers, and some workarounds, but nothing helped. There is no official driver for win 8.1 lolz, and win 10 is just around the corner. Probably will never buy TP-Link product again.
Options
2014-12-24 16:10:55
need the chipset manufacturer Atheros to release new drivers.
Options
Fixed issue
2015-01-29 05:21:06
Just wanted to let everyone know that I seemed to have fixed this issue on my end:

I'm using Windows 8.1 64-bit and the WN722N adapter.

Go here: http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-WN722N&version=V1 and download the first package, titled 'TL-WN722N_V1_140918'.

This will download a collection of driver files, but there will not be an installer in the package. You need to manually update the drivers.

To do this, go to control panel > network and connections > device > right click and go to properties of the TP Link Adapter. Open up the drivers tab and click on 'update drivers'. Select 'find drivers on my computer' and manually point it to the location of the folder you just downloaded. You'll need to ensure its pointed to the correct sub-folder for Windows 8.1. Then click install.

It seems to have taken care of the issue for me.
Options
Related Articles