High traffic causes USB disconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

High traffic causes USB disconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
39 Reply
Re:High traffic causes USB disconnect
2014-02-24 20:40:37
EDIT: Double post
Options
2014-02-25 19:33:53
SAME.

Updated it V3 version , sometimes not everyday the usb is like "unplug" and then i need to unplug really and plug again then it back working. Is ANNOYING. TP-LINK do something , please :)

Win 8.1 X64
Options
2014-02-25 21:30:47
I suggest we all go here and send them questions seeing as they do not reply here.

https://www.facebook.com/TPLINK
Options
2014-02-26 18:46:45

BorgCymru wrote

I suggest we all go here and send them questions seeing as they do not reply here.

https://www.facebook.com/TPLINK

Good idea! Already posted one in the first entry they have. Let's everybody post there and like each other posts so they get to be on top and visible. Maybe this way they do something.
Options
2014-03-02 02:35:02
If the problem comes up only with bittorrent even with latest drivers (as it happens to me) try limiting the maximum number of total connections to a lower value, it seems to be working here.

EDIT: It only worked for some time, then it started disconnecting again :(
Options
2014-03-07 14:44:23
Forget it they won't answer. Throw them in the bin and buy another one from a better company.
Options
2014-03-10 23:14:57
I will never buy again tp-link ! Thanks for the support :)
Options
Response
2014-03-23 02:36:51

binlalo wrote

Good idea! Already posted one in the first entry they have. Let's everybody post there and like each other posts so they get to be on top and visible. Maybe this way they do something.

I added a powered USB hub in between the router and the USB modem which seems to have resolved the issue. My modem draws more power than the USB port on the router can provide. Try that and see if it helps.....
Options
2014-04-10 05:04:23
I confirm the problem, have version 3.0 under windows 8.1 and the latest drivers installed. Not sure what the guy above me means about the USB hub, my adapter is plugged to the motherboard's USB slots which means that the power SHOULD be enough, otherwise the product is faulty.
Options
Also having the issue
2014-07-23 10:52:00
Trying to play World of Warcraft and download the latest updates - constant disconnects. Also with downloading files online. Very frustrating to have to keep restarting my computer to get the wireless card to work again, as at time just unplugging/replugging or switching to a different port does not work.
Options
Related Articles