High traffic causes USB disconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-03 18:45:59
Region : Germany

Model : TL-WN822N

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

i'm using the V2 and Windows 8.

On high network traffic all of my USB-Devices disconnect and reconnect randomly.
This happens sometimes every 5 minutes. Sometimes it works the whole day. Only a reboot can solve this problem for a small time.
Sometimes not all devices are detected properly after the disconnect.
On Windows 7 x64 it worked fine though.

- I switched of all power saving options but without any success
- I reinstalled the driver
- My power supply has enough power
- I Switched the USB ports, even deacticated some in the BIOS
- I pulled off all other USB devices except Mouse and keyboard

edit: and i made a whole system refresh....

Anyone has a clue?
Options
39 Reply
Re:High traffic causes USB disconnect
2013-04-09 15:49:57
Try to change another wireless channel on your wireless router.
Options
2013-04-11 17:48:11
Yep. Exactly the same issue I have with that WN822N v2 (in windows 7 sp1 x64 with latest drivers) - high traffic (especially torrents) kills the connection. And no - changing wireless channel didnt helped... Its connected to WR1043ND router with the latest firmware published on tp-link site.
I doubt the router is the problem since I also have WN722N adapter which runs flawlessly with high traffic and doesnt even thinking of disconnecting.
I bought that 822N as an upgrade to 722N from 150Mbps to 300, but actually it turned out its a big downgrade to 0 since it keeps disconnecting like that.
Options
2013-06-15 07:21:36
I'd also like to confirm this issue, and hopefully I can narrow it down a little.

I've been using the TL-WN822N for probably almost two years now with Windows 7 without an issue. Once I upgraded to Windows 8, the connection randomly drops on heavy upload traffic. I can surf the web and download/stream to my heart's content, but streaming video or sending files (even uploading to Google Docs) will cause the device to disconnect from USB. The limit seems to be at about ~200 kB/s.

I've tried the Win8 beta driver listed on the site along with the original from Windows 7, and even the driver for the chip itself (Qualcomm Atheros AR7010). Nothing helps. I called and filed a complaint with support today. Hopefully a working driver will be released.
Options
2013-07-17 09:44:50
I am also having this issue. Trying to stream an mkv over my network causes it to randomly shut itself off and restart.
Options
2013-08-27 23:45:46
I can also confirm that high upload traffic kills connection (usb device disconnecting) on Windows 8 Pro.

Latest (only) Win 8 beta drivers
Options
Lose the Setup Utility, Don't Save Power
2013-09-30 11:05:54
I've had excellent performance from my TL-WN822N V3 since I did two things. I first uninstalled the configuration utility and kept only the device driver. Then, after I saw a note on this link, I went through the device manager to the properties of the device. I then unchecked the box on the power management tab that says, "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." It's been 2 weeks and the device hasn't crashed once since I did this. I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) with Service Pack 1.
Options
2013-10-15 16:34:13
haha,please keep your eyes on tp-link website,you can download the v3 version driver.
Options
2013-11-06 21:35:01
i am alos facing this problem ... Please give valuable suggestions...
large-scale video wall collaboration
Options
more probs
2014-01-25 11:11:14
I have exactly the same problem. I have do as you have with power options and all the 'hints' I have seen here and on other forums and everyone seems not to be able to sort this problem out. I'm amazed no one from the company has looked into this. I'm going to send mine back and get my money back.
Options
2014-02-24 07:31:24
Same thing happens here, when on high traffic (downloading torrent for example) it disconnects and reconnects again. Sometimes it even disconnects USB mouse and keyboard for a second. I'm using TL-WN722N in Windows 8.1 with latest drivers. Please find a solution, I didn't have any of these problems when used the adapter in my windows 7 laptop.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 7473

Replies: 39

Related Articles