Votes

WAN/LAN auto-sensing

Votes

WAN/LAN auto-sensing

251 Reply
Re:WAN/LAN auto-sensing
2024-06-27 17:44:36

@Antonio_M_A_S 

you will need to open a defect call with TP-Link as they have never responded to messsges on this forum. Tbh I'm not sure what point of this is as they don't seem to react to anything (I've tried emailing senior mgmt and all sorts all to no success)

Options
2024-07-12 22:29:22
This is NOT a feature request. It's a flaw in the design and needs to be fixed immediately. You are creating a LOT of angry customers who will likely never buy TP-Link products again. I'm one.
Options
2024-07-12 22:34:13
TP-Link have known about this issue for over 3 years. They're not going to fix it. I asked CS just a few weeks ago and they claim they know nothing about the issue. I had to send them the link to this article! Try to get your money back and buy something else. "The equipment is not fit for purpose under consumer law" so you should be able to. If you can't get your money back save yourself the grief and buy another mesh system. It's not worth the trouble dealing with TP-Link
Options
2024-07-12 22:35:34
Interesting to note that TP-Link do have engineering patches to fix the issue. Their customer support claim they don't.
Options
2024-07-12 22:38:22
I'm on 1.7.4 and the BUG is still there. Buy another mesh system and save yourself the hassle.
Options
2024-07-16 12:40:47

@TP-Link Please fix this ASAP! I dont know what PR do you have, what are your issues in  your company but auto sensing MUST be optional! it is literally a flaw in the design, not a bug.

I cannot use my IOT bridges at all. I have Philips hue and aotec bridge which are disconnecting all the time. I simply cannot use them, randomly disconnects! I will post every week until this is resolved. 

Options
2024-07-16 14:03:12

@silviun completley agree.  I went with this mesh to simplify my home network for my wife and decrease signal congestion within the house.  The WiFi works great and achieves the speeds I need.  However, I am going with another product I am just tired of this not working, requiring numerous resets after power outages, my work VPN always dropping mid call.  The best logs I capture indicate to me its the protocol being by CiscoAnyconnet (or whatever thew newer VPN is called nowadays).  But there is no way to create rules to allow my specific work asset to allow the traffic without crowding the logs, which are actually pretty useless on the device anyway.  I have decided I am going to go with a new solution since it has been a year and TP Link has failed to even respond other than support an RMA request which did nothing.  Any suggestions on a "family frienly" solution?  I like to have total administrative control and have extensive experience as a network engineer.  Just need something with good WiFi to keep the kids happy, all of my connections are hard wired aside from wireless devices.

Options
2024-07-16 14:17:57

@ah1stb I've given up and have been buyinh g l i n e t products and build and configure my own wireless network. It's not mesh, but it does work through co-ordinated configuration screens and is based on open source software

silly spacing to avoid botnets preventing message being posted

ah1stb wrote

@silviun completley agree.  I went with this mesh to simplify my home network for my wife and decrease signal congestion within the house.  The WiFi works great and achieves the speeds I need.  However, I am going with another product I am just tired of this not working, requiring numerous resets after power outages, my work VPN always dropping mid call.  The best logs I capture indicate to me its the protocol being by CiscoAnyconnet (or whatever thew newer VPN is called nowadays).  But there is no way to create rules to allow my specific work asset to allow the traffic without crowding the logs, which are actually pretty useless on the device anyway.  I have decided I am going to go with a new solution since it has been a year and TP Link has failed to even respond other than support an RMA request which did nothing.  Any suggestions on a "family frienly" solution?  I like to have total administrative control and have extensive experience as a network engineer.  Just need something with good WiFi to keep the kids happy, all of my connections are hard wired aside from wireless devices.

Options
2024-07-16 14:45:11

I got update for my Deco X50 yesterday. They added option to turn off Auto LAN/WAN sensing and set WAN port manually.

Options
2024-07-16 14:49:23

@Tosoth good, they are doing it but very very slowly. Been promised same for BE85, still waiting. 

Options

Voters 126

+ 122 Voters