Bought AX3000 router and will not connect to Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-10 06:19:30
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Dont know

All lights light up green except Internet. 
have tried 5 times unplugging and rebooting etc but will not work. No idea what Firmware it is but if someone wants to point me in the right direction that would be great 😊 

currently have the Archer Av1600 but range wasn't long enough. So upgraded to this, but maybe drive it software isn't updated? I have all updates done on phones and devices, would it be the actual nbn modem that needs updating? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Bought AX3000 router and will not connect to Internet
2021-08-10 10:43:27

@TracyA 

Hi,

by "Av1600" do you mean the Archer VR1600v AC1600 DSL router?

Can you tell us the make and model number of your "nbn modem"? Is this a pure modem or a modem router?

Have you configured the "Internet" connection of your new AX3000 router as "Dynamic IP" or "PPPoE"?

Options
2021-08-12 08:58:59

@woozle 

yes that's what i meant sorry. 
it's a modem router and is an Arris CM8200B. 

And yes i have configured from Dynamic to PPPoE

any thoughts?

Kind Regards 

Options
2021-08-12 11:28:01

@TracyA 

Do you have internet access on the computer if you connect it directly to the Arris CM8200B modem? Do you need to dial up on the computer?

If there is no need to dial-up on the computer when connecting to the Arris CM8200B modem directly, please choose Dynamic IP on the AX3000 router when configuring. Check if you can get a valid IP address from the Arris CM8200B modem. You can also try to clone the MAC address of the computer to the AX3000 as follows:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2264/

BTW, who is your ISP? You can also confirm with them that if you need to have any special setting on the router in order to get connected from the router.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-08-12 12:13:41

@Kevin_Z 

I already called TPG and they spent a great deal of time trying to get the router and modem to sync together. Technical support seemed to think it's the modem. 
I don't need to physically connect my computer to the modem. So will keep configuration as Dynamic then. 
I'll try cloning MAC address and see how that goes. 

Options