VR400 VLAN Passthrough

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VR400 VLAN Passthrough

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VR400 VLAN Passthrough
VR400 VLAN Passthrough
2021-08-05 23:27:42
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

Is there a way to set VLAN passthrough on the VR400v3 normally when we put these devices into Bridged mode we want it to literally only be a passthrough device, but these seem to be stripping the VLAN when the device is in bridged mode.

Anyone with any ideas/solutions?

If anyone from @TPLink is watching the threads, can you see how it can be brought into the next firmware update.

Options
3 Reply
Re:VR400 VLAN Passthrough
2021-08-06 08:46:00

@WellConn 

That should pass the VLAN ID from the ISP in bridge mode:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-08-07 04:18:49

@terziyski 

I did have the modem in bridged mode and was using the VLAN ID but when I went to setup the external connection with that VLAN on my firewall it didn't work, however when I set it up as a normal external connection with no VLAN it worked.

Suggesting that it's stripped the VLAN on the way through the modem.

Can someone from TP-Link confirm if this is expected behaviour and if there's a possibility to get it set to Passthrough instead of strip?

Thanks.

Options
2021-08-12 23:20:52

Can report that I have spoken to TP Link and they have confirmed that VLAN passthrough for bridging is not a function of the current firmware and they have no intention of adding it:

Hello and thank you for your reply.

Sorry all SOHO DSL modem router is not support to use VLAN Passthrough.

There are currently no plans to add this feature in the firmware update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hopefully they reconsider their stance and considering adding it to a future firmware update.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1334

Replies: 3

Related Articles