Force devices to connect to a Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-07 00:31:03 - last edited 2021-07-07 00:32:18
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 20210121 Rel. 54794

My printer and my Smart TV keeps connecting to the access point which is furthest away from them.

It keeps dropping off during usage as the signal is the weakest.

The TV and the printer does not wanna connect to the nodes nearest to it.

Please help.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Force devices to connect to a Deco
2021-07-07 07:15:45 - last edited 2021-07-07 07:16:52

@Benjaminoby 

Hi, What are the model numbers of your printer and smart TV?

It is quite like they did not support the fast roaming protocol.

Here are some suggestions for you

If possible, turn off the furthest Deco or move the nearby Deco much closer to the printer and TV;

Once they could switch to the nearest Deco, turn off the Mesh technology on Deco APP for the printer and TV;

Options
2021-07-11 11:55:07
I have a Canon E480 printer. Tried your method of switching off all other decos but it did not want to connect to the main deco anyway. Once I tried rebooting the other decos, it immediately connects to the far deco. I also tried swapping the main decos around with other decos, however, same issue persists It just does not want to connect to the main deco no matter which deco I set as the main deco after swapping the decos around.
Options
2021-07-12 11:49:01

@Benjaminoby 

Thank you for the update.

In this way, I am afraid that you have to wait for the later firmware upgrade, which allows the client to manually choose the connected Deco;

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 396

Replies: 3

Related Articles